Location: Town of Blind River, Ontario
Owner: Town of Blind River North Shore Power Group
Contractor: Vigor Clean Tech.
Engineer: OneLine Engineering
OneLine Engineering provided complete electrical engineering and design services for three 500 kW solar interconnections with a HONI 25 kV feeder.
The scope of work includes:
• Design of the protection relaying schemes for the interconnect substations, including detailed design of the relay panels for each site
• Design of the inter-tripping schemes with the remote HONI stations
• Preparation of the protection relaying philosophy document for submittal to HONI
• RTU communications integration with HONI
• Preparation of the relay coordination study and setting files
• Preparation of an arc flash study for the AC station services
• Sizing of the DC system battery charger and batteries
• Development of the AC and DC station service single line diagrams
• Construction and commissioning assistance