Location: Guelph, Ontario
Owner: Hydro One Networks Inc.
Contractor: EPTCON Ltd.
Engineer: OneLine Engineering
OneLine Engineering provided complete electrical engineering and design services for a new 230 kV yard including two new autotransformers and the upgrade of two existing 115 kV DESN yards. All work was completed based on the latest HONI design standards. The scope of work included:
• Design of the protection relaying schemes for the line protection, transformer protection, teleprotection, bus protection and feeder protection, including the detailed drawings required for assembly of the relay panels
• Production of all related electrical drawings including single line diagrams, AC & DC schematics, connection wiring diagrams, cable schedules, grounding and lighting layouts
• Power cable sizing and installation details
• RTU communications integration and network design
• Cable trench layouts and details
• Design of the PCMT buildings
• Updating of existing HONI drawings as required
• Construction and commissioning assistance