Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Owner: Hydro One Networks Inc.
Contractor: EPTCON Ltd.
Engineer: OneLine Engineering
OneLine Engineering is providing complete electrical engineering and design services for the upgrade of an existing 115 kV DESN yard, including the installation of two new 100 MVA transformers. All work is being completed based on the latest HONI design standards. The scope of work includes:
• Design of the protection relaying schemes for the line protection, transformer protection, teleprotection, bus protection and feeder protection, including the detailed drawings required for assembly of the relay panels
• Production of all related electrical drawings including single line diagrams, AC & DC schematics, connection wiring diagrams, cable schedules, grounding and lighting layouts
• Power cable sizing and installation details
• RTU communications integration and network design
• Design of the interconnection with existing Ottawa Hydro switchgear • Cable trench layouts and details
• Design of a new PCMT building
• Updating of existing HONI drawings as required
• Construction and commissioning assistance